Metal Stitching Applications
Metal Stitching Application Range :
There are many and varied suitable applications for Metal Stitching (or Cast Iron Repairs).
Some of the more common areas of application are listed below. This is not an exhaustive list. Basically any item of steel, cast iron or aluminium that has cracked or broken (even with missing pieces) can be repaired using a cold metal repair such as metal stitching.
If you are unsure if this metal repair process is suitable for your situation please contact us and we will advise.
A short list of possible uses of this cold metal repair process
Press beds/frames - (eg Repair to cracked cast steel housings and columns)
- Piano Frames - (eg. Repairing a Cast Iron Piano Plate on a Bechstein, Steinway or Bosendorfer)
- Mining equipment - (eg. Repair of steel winches and drums)
- Gear box housings - (eg. Cold metal repair of cracked housings and couplings)
- Bedplates - (eg. Repair of cracked engine or motor bedplates)
- Cylinder heads - (eg. Repair of diesel engine cylinder heads especially marine types)
- Pump casings
- Engine blocks
- Main bearing pockets - (eg. Repair or reinstatement of damaged or cracked pockets)
- Forging hammers
- Motor legs
- Compressor cylinders
- Cast Iron equipment